The Ambassadors for Peace Initiative, launched in 2001, has become the world's largest and most diverse network of peace leaders. They come from all walks of life representing all races, religions, nationality and cultures, and commit themselves to:
- Stand on the common ground of universal moral principles, committed to promoting reconciliation, overcoming barriers, and building peace.
- Form a global network of leaders representing the religious, racial, and ethnic diversity of the human family, as well as all disciplines of human endeavor.
- Participate in peace initiatives and programs that promote reconciliation and cooperation beyond traditional boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality.
- Promote and practice the ethic of “living for the sake of others” as the guiding principle for building world peace and a global community.
- Affirmation of the Universal Peace Federation’s vision and principles of peace.
- Demonstration of leadership qualities in a given sphere of activity.
- Recommendation by a Senior Member of UPF and/or by an Affiliate Organization Member of UPF.
How to Apply
- Contact your local UPF office.
- Download an Ambassador for Peace application (requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader); print it, fill it out, and mail or fax it to:
UPF International Secretariat
155 White Plains Road, Suite 222
Tarrytown, NY, 10591
- Call 1-914-631-1331 ext. 124 and speak to a UPF Membership Services Representative.
- Fax: 1- 914-631-1308